RECT TEC and Traeger – A Comparative Analysis-Rec Tec vs Traeger
Whether you are planning to make pork or pulled chicken, pork ribs or beef, or for that matter, any type of smoked dish, you need to have a smoker. Some use electricity, while others rely on charcoal, besides, there are many who prefer to use wood pallets. When it comes to wood pallets, they come from different types of trees along with flavor without hiding or mashing the natural taste and flavor of seafood, vegetables, and meat.
Traeger is brand that comes with huge reputation as it has both large and small smokers to offer, which can be used as grills and are also quite budget-friendly as well. In recent years, a new brand has evolved in the market as a close competitor of Traeger; it is REC TEC. REC TEC has just two different types of models to offer.
In the following section of the article, a rec tec vs Traeger comparison would be presented which would help you understand the basic differences between these two products and also would offer you a brief insight into some of their major features
Comparison between RECT TEC and Traeger – Rec tec vs Traeger
- Custom Features: Traeger has everything which you are looking for in a grilling and smoking machine. Though other companies make products that are compatible with Traeger grills, Traeger itself only makes grills, wood pellets, and some other basic products.
When it comes to REC-TEC, they make different types of accessories and other kinds of products that can be used to customize the grill. You can buy a second shelf which can be used when the primary shelf is messy and dirty. REC TEC also makes shelves which are meant for storage and they can be attached to the bottom of the grill
- Temperature Control: Traeger was one of the pioneers to have a digital temperature screen attached to the grills. Bright and bold red numbers are used in these screens which can be seen during cooking any time during the day. Most of these grills come with standard temperature dial which is attached on top of the lid
REC TEC comes with its own digital screen for displaying temperature which can be used in the side also. It also has its own “smart grill technology”, which allows you to pick a particular temperature at an increment of 5 degrees. With the help of this feature, the temperature of the grill can be maintained for a long period of time
- Temperature Range: REC TEC actually performs better in this category than Traeger does because its grills have a temperature range of between 180 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Most Traeger grills have a maximum temperature setting of 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Traeger grills do have a minimum and maximum setting that you can opt for when cooking foods slowly or for searing and cooking foods faster at a higher temperature.
- Grilling Area: In terms of grilling area, both these brands have sufficient space to offer which makes it easy and convenient for you to cook different items.
- Portability: As far as portability is concerned, both these two brands are matched quite evenly. When it comes to REC-TEC, they are known for making grills of smaller size with folding legs, which can be used in a parking lot or a campground. As far as Traeger grills are concerned, they are available in smaller carts; however, there are options available to you which allows you to remove the carts and also to use the grill on different types of surfaces. Traeger is also known for making more portable and smaller grill made of wood pallet, where convection heat is being used and can work with 110v outlet
Few Models of REC TEC and Traeger
Here are a couple of popular models of these two brands
- Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill: Here are some of its features
- This model comes with Premium 18″ Ceramic Grill with Cast Iron Cart & Locking Wheels. It offers the perfect size for cooking and comes with wheels and locking casters
- It comes with 2-Tier Divide & Conquer mechanism which makes it a perfect device for grilling
- Traeger TFB42LZBO Lil’ Tex Elite Grill: Some of its features include
- It comes with a premium 24″ Ceramic Grill with durable cart along with locking wheels
- Certain accessories are included in it, like; Two 304 Stainless Steel Halved Grill Grates, Multi-Position Stainless Steel Rack, Two Ceramic Halved Heat Deflectors
- It also contains Patented Slide-Out Ash Drawer
- Traeger TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Series Wood Pellet Grill: Some of its features include the followings
- With this machine, there is no need for you to use charcoal or gas ever again. The entire process of cooking can be done using wood and its tastes awesome
- No matter what kind of cooking you are looking for, this machine has everything to offer
- If you are looking for precision grilling, then this is the perfect device for you
- Traeger Tailgater TFB30LZB Pellet Grill WITH 20 lb Traeger PEL309 Cherry Wood Pellets: This is one of the most popular models of Traeger which is available in the market
- This model comes with Ceramic Grill with Cast Iron Cart & Locking Wheels. It offers the perfect size for cooking and comes with wheels and locking casters
- The 2-Tier Divide & Conquer mechanism, adds an extra feature to this device
- Traeger TFT17LLA PTG+ Wood Pellet Grill: Here are some of the features of this product
- It comes with excellent convention process
- It helps to fuel the fire and helps generate more heat
- It has been designed to save a lot of energy
- REC TEC RT-700 Wood Pellet Grill: Here are some of its features
- RT-700 technology
- Double mesh grill mesh, which is non-sticky in nature
- Comes with a premium cover
- REC TEC RT-300 Min Portable Wood Pellet Grill: The features of this product include the followings
- Generates excellent amount of energy
- Can be moved from one place to another
These are some of the different models of both REC TEC and Traeger. Go through the specifications to figure out which one would be the best option for you.