Weber 66011001 Genesis II E-310 3-Burner Natural Gas Grill, Black
So what is it about the Weber Genesis E-310 Gas Grill that makes it so popular?
There are a lot of factors that go into creating a barbecue grill that is so well respected. I could tell you about how long the lifetime is on a Genesis Grill or how great their warranty and the fact that you can call 24/7, or that their price is very competitive, but really the most important thing is how the Genesis cooks. And boy does this grill cook.
This is the fourth major redesign of the Genesis gas grill since 1985 and is probably the most dramatic. This is the first time that the burner and valve configuration has changed from the valves being on the right hand table and the burners running from right to left in the casting. Now Weber has redesigned this to have the valves on a front control panel with (3) burners running from the front of the grill to the back.
Why was this change made?
On the first two designs of the Genesis the barbecue had side shelves as well as either one or two flip up shelves which gave lots of prep space on the barbecue, on the third redesign Weber went to stainless side shelves which greatly reduced the prep area. Obviously there were a few complaints about that lack on prep space especially on models with a side burner
The 310 series is the entry level of the Genesis series, but that doesn’t mean that you are getting a lesser barbecue. The Genesis E-310, has the same engineering as the Genesis 320 and 330 series but without the added features like the side burner or sear burner.
This makes the Weber Genesis E 310 series a very cost effective alternative whether you are an experienced griller or just getting started.
The Weber Genesis E-310 gas grill has a very distinctive styling with a porcelain shroud accentuated by the painted end caps, the enameled doors add to the look of the barbecue and will enhance any deck.
Maintenance Hint from the Barbecue Guy: Replacing the battery every six months or so will ensure that this ignition lasts for a long time. If the battery leaks it will short out creating unnecessary repairs.
The Weber GenesisE-310is the entry level model of the Genesis Line, this grill comes complete with Porcelain Enameled Cast Iron Grills, this assures you of getting those wonderful sear marks just like in the best restaurants. Porcelain enameled Flavorizer Bars allows the grease to create the smoke but run off quickly avoiding many flareups. This model also has a porcelain enameled shroud (lid) and doors making this a very attractive barbecue to have on your deck.
I have always loved the look of the porcelain enameled lid, this has always indicated that you owned a Weber and were the envy of the neighborhood. I still think that it gives a look of distinction and style.
- 3 Stainless steel burners perfect for direct and indirect cooking
- 38,000 BTU-per-hour input, enough power for all your recipes
- Individual electronic ignition on each burner
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates, restaurant quality cooking
- Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars create the smoke witout the flareups
- Primary cooking area = 507 sq in, large enough for entertaining
- Warming rack area = 130 sq in
- Total cooking area = 637 sq in
- Tank not included with LP models
- Natural gas grill includes a 10-foot flexible hose and quick coupler
- Front-mount control panel
- Porcelain-enameled heat deflectors
- Porcelain-enameled shroud with a center-mounted thermometer and accent colored painted, cast-aluminum end caps
- Enclosed cart with corresponding painted steel doors, stainless steel handles, and accent-colored painted side and rear panels
- Accent-colored painted steel frame
- 2 Stainless steel work surfaces
- Enclosed tank storage area and precision fuel gauge (LP models only)
- 2 Heavy-duty front locking casters
- 2 Heavy-duty back swivel casters
- Available colors for LP grills: black, copper, and green
- Available color for NG grills: black
- With the lid open:
- Height: 64.5 inches
- Width R-L: 60 inches
- Depth: 30 inches
What are the differences between the Weber Genesis E-310 and the Weber Genesis S-310?
- Grills-The Weber GenesisE-310 has porcelain enameled cast iron grills, the S310 has 7mm stainless steel grills
- Flavorizer bars-The Weber Genesis E-310 has porcelain enameled bars, the Genesis s-310 has stainless steel flavorizer bars
- Shroud and doors-porcelain enameled shroud and doors on the Weber Genesis E-310, stainless shroud and doors on the S-310
Cooking Grills:There has always been controversy about whether the cast grills or stainless grills are better, ask 50 people and you will get a fairly even split. Cast iron retains heat a little better which produces those sear marks on the food that everyone loves to see. Stainless Steel grills will last longer and really they still retain enough heat to produce the sear marks also. Remember at some point you can upgrade to the stainless steel grills if desired.
WARRANTY: 3 YEARS ON PORCELAIN ENAMELED CAST IRON, 5YEARS ON STAINLESS STEEL
Flavorizer Bars: The definite winner for longevity would be the stainless steel flavorizer bars, the porcelain coated bars will last up to about five years depending on use but again they can be purchased at a later date.
Shroud and doors: This to me is the real deciding factor, which style do you want on your deck? Porcelain enameled is the original distinctive finish on the Genesis series, it is easier to clean. Stainless steel is rugged and looks great but does require more attention, but there are some great stainless cleaners on the market just expect a little more maintenance.
My Final Word
I have been servicing Weber Grills for 20 years, I have seen every redesign that has been made, I haven’t necessarily agreed with all the changes but what the heck Weber never asked my opinion anyways. But throughout all the changes and most were to keep their barbecue at a very competitive price point, I think they have maintained a certain level of craftsmanship that has kept them above their competition.
I don’t have many customers who would not buy another one and that in itself is a great recommendation, most buy another Weber Grill when the time comes, some will try a higher priced brand only to realize that they aren’t as happy as they were with their Weber.
Now to be honest the new Weber Grills are not going to last as long as the original Genesis but when you consider that the first generation was more expensive than today’s models you can understand why. What I will say is that their construction is extremely good, their warranty is beyond compare and after market parts are easy to find. There is a reason that I service more Weber’s than any other brand, my customers love their grills and don’t want to get rid of them.
I hope that you find this info helpful and should you decide to purchase your new grill from my site I do make a small commission from Amazon, a guys gotta pay the bills. At the least visit the links above to see the reviews from other Weber owners.
In case you are interested I own a Weber Genesis grill and a Weber Summit Grill and love both of them!!!!
Please Note: Weber does not supply conversion kits for any of their barbecues, so do not buy an LP barbecue for the color assuming that you will be able to convert the barbecue later.